- ATL wins CERC regulated ISTS (interstate transmission) renewable energy evacuation project through TBCB
- The project comprises 765 KV 220 ckt km of transmission lines and a 765 kV GIS substation in Khavda, Gujarat
- Khavda will be one of the largest hubs for Renewable Energy totaling about 30,000 MW
- ATL to build, own, operate and maintain the transmission project for a period of 35 years
- ATL will exceed 18,500 ckt km of transmission line and 38,000 MVA transformation capacity
Ahmedabad, 24 December 2021: Adani Transmission Ltd (ATL), India’s largest private sector power transmission company and part of the diversified Adani Group, has received the Letter of Intent (LoI) for the acquisition of a renewable energy evacuation system under Khavda-Bhuj Transmission Ltd.
ATL won the project through the Tariff-Based Competitive Bidding (TBCB) process and has received the LoI for the project. ATL will build, own, operate and maintain the transmission project in Gujarat for a period of 35 years.
The project, Khavda-Bhuj Transmission Ltd, incorporated by PFC Consulting Ltd, primarily consists of the following elements –
With an estimated capex of more than Rs 1,200 Cr, ATL’s execution of the project will help evacuate about 3 GW of renewable energy from Khavda, Gujarat. The project will help shape one of the country’s largest solar and wind farms.
Mr. Anil Sardana, MD & CEO, Adani Transmission Ltd, said, , “We are pleased to be associated with the maiden evacuation system associated with one of the largest hubs of renewable energy being established at Khavda, Gujarat. This project will be the first to be implemented among the slew of transmission projects planned by Government of India for evacuation of renewable energy from the region. ATL is already the leader in building power transmission infrastructure in the private sector and this project will further strengthen our presence in Gujarat.”
Winning this project consolidates ATL’s market-leading position and takes it closer to its target of setting up 20,000 ckt km of transmission lines by 2022. The project will allow the company to contribute towards the Government of India’s quest to achieve Power For All by 2022.