27 May 2022
- The Chetak can be booked by paying Rs 2000 online on www.chetak.com
- Chetak is on display and available for a test-ride at Chetak @ KTM Kolkata, Ruby Crossing
Kolkata, 27th May 2022: After a successful run in 2021, Bajaj Auto, the world’s most valuable two-wheeler company, has opened bookings for the Chetak Electric scooter in Kolkata. With the aim of providing a seamless and convenient transactional experience to customers, the company has facilitated exclusive online booking on www.chetak.com on payment of only Rs. 2000.
Bajaj Auto had previously opened booking slots for its electric scooter in multiple cities earlier this year again and till date, more than 12000 electric Chetaks are on Indian roads. With the addition of Kolkata, the Chetak is now available in more than 25 cities around India.
Built for a greener and cleaner tomorrow, the Chetak electric scooter needs minimal maintenance with a service interval of 12,000 kilometres or one year (whichever is earlier) and a battery warranty of 3 years or 50,000 kilometres (whichever earlier).
The Chetak is available in four eye-catching colours – Indigo Metallic, Velutto Rosso, Brooklyn Black and Hazelnut. The Chetak EV is available for test rides at the Chetak zone in KTM Kolkata at Ruby Crossing It has been introduced at an ex-showroom price starting Rs: Rs 1,53,298
Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Rakesh Sharma, Executive Director, Bajaj Auto said, “Building on Chetak’s legacy, which embodies the spirit of ‘Hamara Kal’, we are excited to bring the technologically advanced EV version to Kolkata. The two-wheeler has already been well-received in cities across the country, and we hope that it will contribute substantially to achieving a cleaner and sustainable future.”
Bajaj Chetak EV comes equipped with exciting features such as:
- Fully charge-able (100%) in 5 hours and has a quick charge of 25% in 60 mins. Once fully charged, it runs for 90 kms in Eco Mode (Under IDC as per AIS 040).
- Beautifully streamlined design, boasting precision engineering, and goes through a flawless manufacturing procedure, making it a global benchmark in electric scooters.
- Only high-speed electric two-wheeler carved in steel, with flush-fitted panels for a harmonious visual aesthetic. Other leading features include an IP67 water-resistance rating and a beltless solid gear drive.
- Three riding modes (including a reverse mode) that offer the rider the choice to navigate traffic with ease.
- LED headlamps with integrated horseshoe shaped DRLs and sequential LED blinkers helps in riding during all conditions.
- The myChetak App, if enabled with data, allows owners to receive notifications in case of unauthorized access or an accident.
More About Chetak:
Classic design lends the Chetak with a beauty that transcends time.
The new Chetak features a horseshoe shaped LED headlight with DRLs, feather touch activated electronic switches and sequential scrolling rear LED blinkers. A large digital console intuitively displays vehicle information with crisp clarity.
At the heart of the Chetak is an IP67 rated high-tech Lithium-Ion battery. The battery is easily charged using a standard household 5-amp electrical outlet. The on-board Intelligent Battery Management System (IBMS) controls charge and discharge seamlessly.
A rigid frame clad with sheet metal body panels and a tubular single sided suspension vest, the Chetak comes with the uncompromising strength and durability that it was famous for. The powertrain similarly employs a unique single-sided cast aluminium swing arm which houses the traction motor that drives the wheel through a high-efficiency automated gear box.
Quiet, clean, comfortable, and convenient to ride; elegant yet understated; robust yet refined.
About Bajaj Auto Ltd.: With more than 18 million motorcycles sold in over 70 countries, the Bajaj brand is truly ‘The World’s Favourite Indian’. It is India’s No.1 motorcycle exporter with two out of three bikes sold internationally carrying a Bajaj badge. The company is also the world’s largest manufacturer of three-wheelers. Bajaj Auto is the first two-wheeler and three-wheeler company in the world to have reached a market capitalisation of INR one trillion and continues to be the world’s most valuable two and three-wheeler company.
Media Contact Details: