12 September 2022
KTM completes the Season 2 of The Great Ladakh Adventure Tour successfully
- High altitude motorcycle Adventure Academy at over 10k feet at Nubra Valley
- KTM Riders visited Umling La, the highest motorable road in the world at over 19k feet
Pune: 12th September 2022: KTM, the world’s No 1 premium motorcycle brand, has successfully concluded its 14-day Great Ladakh Adventure Tour – Season 2. Guided by KTM experts, a group of 20+ KTM Adventure riders overcame some of the toughest riding challenges at altitudes of over 17,000 feet to return as Pro’s with stories to tell.
The KTM Pro-XP riders underwent off-road training at the high-altitude Adventure Academy at Nubra at an altitude of over 10000 feet. This gave them the necessary skills to take on the challenges of the tour with ease.
The KTM Pro-XPians conquered over 2,300 km traversing multiple terrains like tarmac, hills, sand dunes, dry riverbeds, slush, gravel, mud, river crossing, forests and twisties under the able guidance of KTM Adventure experts. The KTM riders took up a challenging ride to Umling La, the highest motorable road in the world, at an altitude of over 19,000 feet. The riders also visited many landmark locations like the Tanglang La, Khardung La, Nubra, Pangong Tso, Tso Morriri.
Sumeet Narang, President, Probiking, said: “The KTM Pro-XP platform is designed to help owners discover their biking potential and get to know the true capabilities of their KTM machines. We are elated to have successfully completed the Great Ladakh Adventure Tour – Season 2. Curated experiences like visiting Umling La, Tso Moriri, and the high-altitude Adventure Academy with KTM Experts are the hallmark of a Pro-XP tour. For all the KTM Adventure owners who missed the GLAT – Season 2, we invite you to join the Northeast – ‘Tour the unexplored’ starting on 1st October 2022.”
About KTM Pro Experiences:
KTM Pro-XP is a riding and community engagement programme that offers a range of professional riding experiences across Trail, Track, and Tarmac for KTM owners to hone their riding skills to a pro level. A brief overview of the various KTM Pro-XP properties:
Adventure Pro Experiences offer a set of curated experiences to handhold the KTM Adventure owners in their journey to becoming off-road Pro-Bikers. Riders can choose from
- Adventure Tours – Marquee long-distance tours ranging from 7 to 14 days guided by experts covering the less-travelled, adventurous route to breathtaking destinations like Ladakh, Spiti, Northeast, Sikkim, Darjeeling, and Kerala.
- Adventure Academy – Closed-circuit off-road training programme designed by KTM experts across 20 towns.
- Adventure Trails – Adventure rides on unique trails curated and led by KTM experts across 50+ towns.
- Adventure Escape – Exciting morning rides to experience curated adventure routes near your city, conducted by KTM dealerships on the third Sunday of every month.
True to its “Ready to Race” philosophy, KTM has an unparalleled legacy in motorsports with over 325+ world championships spanning over 66 years since 1953. Since its entry into India in 2012, KTM has grown its presence to 320 cities and 450 stores. KTM has built a strong customer base of over 3.2 lakh biking enthusiasts in this short time, making India the largest global market for KTM. The partnership of Bajaj Auto Limited and KTM is over 12 years old, with Bajaj Auto Limited owning a 48% stake in KTM AG.
For PR related queries, please contact: