Consolidated Income from Operations for the quarter ended June 2022 stood at Rs.3,995 Cr up by 34 per cent
Consolidated PAT from continuing operations for the quarter ended June 2022 stood at Rs.641 Cr
9th August 2022: Tata Chemicals Limited today declared its financial results for the quarter ended June 30, 2022. The Company reported income from operations for the quarter on consolidated basis at Rs3,995 Cr, up by 34% as compared to Rs.2,978 Cr of the corresponding quarter of last year. Consolidated PAT from continuing operations for the quarter was at Rs.641 Cr as compared to Rs.342 Cr for corresponding quarter of last year. The operating performance reflects improved realisations, efficient cost management and optimum capacity utilization in challenging market conditions, and in the context of rising input and energy costs.
On a standalone basis, the income from operations rose by 48% to Rs.1,225 Cr, as compared to Rs.828 Cr as compared to corresponding quarter of last year. PAT on standalone basis stood at Rs 381Cr compared to Rs. 228Cr for the corresponding quarter of last year.
Commenting on the results, Mr. R. Mukundan, Managing Director & CEO, Tata Chemicals Ltd., said, The global demand environment continues to be positive across our products and their applications. While this positive momentum is expected to continue in the near to medium term, the input side environment especially energy remain at elevated levels coupled with logistic challenges that continue to be seen in the market. The team has shown agility and has responded well by staying close to customers and supply chain partners. We continue our long term focus on excellence by leveraging digitalization and sustainability. In addition to operational excellence, we continue to focus on executing growth capex.
Standalone Highlights Q1 FY23
- Standalone Revenue from operations stood at Rs.1,225 Cr, up 48%, as compared to Rs.828 Cr in Q1 FY 22
- Standalone Profit Before Tax from continuing operations was Rs.495 Cr and Profit After Tax was Rs.381 Cr
- Soda Ash demand is strong across all application segments. In general, material is in short supply in the Indian market
- Demand for soda ash and Bicarb is expected to remain firm and supply tightness likely to continue
- Salt volumes continue to grow on a yearly basis
- Growth in the Standalone Revenue is largely driven by higher realizations across product portfolio
Consolidated Highlights Q1 FY23
- Consolidated Revenue from operations stood at Rs.3,995 Cr, up 34%, as compared to Rs.2,978 Cr in Q1 FY22
- Consolidated Profit Before Tax from continuing operations was Rs 797Cr and Profit After Tax was Rs641 Cr
- Soda ash realizations have increased across units and in particular, the US and Kenya export pricing remains strong and firm
- Cost environment is challenging and likely to stay at elevated levels in the near term
- Realisations in UK market moved in line with sharp input cost increases
- Rallis India recorded a consolidated revenues of Rs.863 Cr for the quarter ended 30 June 2022, an increase of 16% over PY of Rs741Cr
- Rallis continues its focus to launch newer products and reduce dependence on imported intermediates; started developing domestic suppliers for certain items
About Tata Chemicals Ltd.
A part of the US$ 128 billion Tata Group, Tata Chemicals Limited, is a leading supplier of choice to, Glass, Detergent, industrial and chemical sectors. The company has a strong position in the crop protection business through its subsidiary company Rallis India Ltd. Tata Chemicals has world class R&D facilities in Pune and Bangalore.
For more information please contact:
R Nanda | Manisha Keshwa
Tel: +91 22 62327400 |+ 91 8879288634
Email: email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org
Radhika Dave | Sweta Bharti
Mobile – 98190 83792 | 8294015480
Email: email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org